Thursday 2 January 2014

Back to skool

It wasn't too bad actually. Working from home does make going back to work after a week off a lot easier. And knowing you have the next day off followed by a weekend makes it even more palatable! I like to break myself back in gently where possible.....

I couldn't get to sleep last night for a while. My head was buzzing with plans for the new year. The house, my diet, exercise, budgets, holidays. STUFF!! It was all pretty positive and I woke up this morning feeling ready for anything. I even reverted to my cold shower, black coffee, wait for breakfast routine which I haven't done for a couple of months (our last house was freeeezing) and it even felt good, like I'm ready to get going again. I didn't quite manage to make myself go for a run as time was tight but I did go for a brisk, hilly dog walk so I made a start.

On the downside, I'm struggling to get to grips with house jobs like unpacking, sorting out random boxes and pieces of furniture and doing minor DIY jobs. I know it'll come but I want to start seeing aome progress. It would help if there wasn't so much football coming up this month; every weekend it seems. I will have to keep the pressure on Rich I feel as he appears not to notice things which need doing....he's an all or nothing sort of guy. Works really hard when he has to but doesn't like to do a little at a time. I'm more the do a bit here and there type. Hmmmm....

But, I'm not going to let little things like that drag me down. We have our house and a new year has begun. It can't rain all year surely?? Just to remind ourselves that the sun does shine occasionally, here's a couple of pics I took while walking the dogs at lunchtime.

2 comments:

murgatroidgerow said...

"All or nothing" and "guy" are synonymous. :)

Pam said...

You'll get there!