Monday 30 June 2014

Datai Bay, Langkawi - The Andaman Hotel

I've finally got round to resizing and editing some of my Malaysia pictures. These are a few from the hotel we stayed at on Langkawi.  Langkawi island has been developed a lot in the last 20 years so much of it is covered with hotels and shopping malls now sadly.  However, our little corner was paradise. There was a 30 minute drive through tropical rainforest to reach it with nothing bar a small village and a crocodile farm.  Then you reached the stunning Datai Bay golf course which we played and a mile beyond that Datai Bay itself.

There are 2 hotels sharing the bay but they are set into the forest so you could hardly see them from the beach.  The rainforest was as much part of the hotel as the beach.  It was teeming with life - hornbills, squirrels, wild pigs, monkeys, parrots, Brahminy hawks and sea eagles.

The beach was stunning and mostly deserted.  I didn't take many photos though - the beachside evening restaurant was gorgeous - open to the beach and with a sand floor but did I take a pic to show you??  No, 'fraid not.  Likewise the pool area and amazing lobby.  Just lazy I suppose.












4 comments:

Peridot said...

What a beautiful beach! Stunning sunsets too. Looks like it was a great holiday.

Px

Pam said...

That looks lovely (though I suspect a bit hot for me). Glad that you're feeling cheerier.

Linz M said...

I love Langkawi, looks amazing! x

The Reader's Tales said...

Lovely post...Datai Bay is one of my favourite places ; )