Wednesday 17 September 2014

A(nother) start

I have finally got my laptop out as I keep losing posts I tap out on my phone which makes me an extremely grumpy blogger!

So, week one of SW has passed without me doing a great deal of actual SW observance!  I went back to class last Tuesday night on a total and desperate whim so my fridge and freezer were not well stocked and my routine was not planned or even thought about.  That said, I did rein in my excessive eating and drinking and did a fair bit of exercise and my reward was a drop of 2.5lbs which is quite pleasing.  I'm getting my head back into the programme now so I hope I can do better next week.

My exercise is a mix of running (well, shuffling would be more accurate), swimming, golf and dog walking (as hilly as possible at the moment).  I am not currently doing any weights or resistance work and need to get that back into my routine as it definitely works.  Soon.

But, enough of diet and exercise, it can get a bit dull.

Life is pretty busy as ever.  Work is much better now that the EDL march has passed and they have dismantled their encampment from outside the office and dispersed to spread their hatred and division elsewhere.  But I'm still a bit blah at work.  It is a slog getting through my work, mainly because I just have too much to do, but it is getting better.  Hopefully by Christmas I'll be more under control so THAT'S something to look forward to eh??!

Rich and I are still having fun though.  Trips to the football of course (home and away), golf and a lovely meal out a couple of Saturdays ago to mark the 4th anniversary of us moving in together.  4 Years!!  

My golf has been most pleasing too.  I think I mentioned playing 5 under par last week (I was so thrilled and relived my round in my head for days after).  Well, I almost  played to my new handicap today and, but for a couple of poor holes, could have won.  I came third so it was more than respectable.

What else?  Oh yes - I've been doing a decent impersonation of a WI supremo.  Apples from my trees have been made into pies and chutney, stewed and frozen, distributed to friends and neighbours and stored for the winter.  Frozen gooseberries have been made into jam and offerings of tomatoes, courgettes and leeks from my lovely neighbours have been made into ratatouille, stews and whatever else I can come up with.  Although my tomatoes have been somewhat slow to ripen (we're talking 1 or 2 every few days if I'm lucky here), my chilli plants are going crazy so I'm contemplating making chilli jam and oil as well as the usual stir fries and curries.  The blackberries are glorious this year too so I have freezer of those which should last me through til Christmas - love it!!

Oh yes, it's rock and roll here in the Peak District!!

We're off to Manchester for the Capital One Cup match against Man City next week.  It was a nightmare getting tickets as Sheffield Wednesday fans are all excited about our big day out against Premier League opposition.  I tried on Thursday and was thwarted by a crashed website  Disaster!!  However my middle class tendency to send a polite email of complaint when things go wrong saved the day when I initially failed to get tickets.  The nice chap from Sheffield Wednesday   rang me back on Monday and fixed me up with 6 tickets.  My boys all think I'm a miracle worker now!!

Anyway, enough of this inane blathering.  I am back on track and hope to be back blogging a bit more regularly too.




No comments: