Tuesday 20 January 2015

Challenging times

Today is the first day of the new regime when I've seen an unexpected rise on the scales.  Only a lb so nothing too worrying. I know these things happen and as long as I stick to the plan it will even itself out.  Still, it's tricky to remember that and not to fall back on "tried and tested" chimp responses to adversity - eat, hide, freeze.

But, that said, I've managed it.  Another day on plan and a good, long walk at lunchtime.  I find the day time pretty easy but the evenings are a bit trickier.  It's not that I want loads of really bad stuff or to drink loads but the temptation is always to just push the boundaries a little.  A mini stollen here, a glass of wine there, nothing bad or unmanageable in itself but they all add up.  Today I had both but no other syns so I think I have avoided disaster.

Here are some pics from my walk.  Set off from Bradwell past the cement walks towards Castleton.




We turned right at Pindale and admire a snow-covered Win Hill.


 Sheep dining on Eccles Lane (also with a view of Win Hill)


I was tempted to add another loop to our route and cross the fields to Brough but reluctantly decided I didn't have time - that lease was not going to draft itself!!





Now on the downhill back into Bradwell


Past frozen fishing ponds...







No comments: